- Get a spare microUSB cable and strip the insulation somewhere in the middle;
- Detect the D+ and GND wires (usually green and black) and strip the insulation on them.
This operation is necessary to allow the two cables to connect temporarily to send the signal to the PC that a device in EDL mode is connected (see the following diagram).
You have just transformed a simple, common and inexpensive microUSB cable into a necessary tool to perform operations in EDL mode on Qualcomm-based devices. In fact an official cable with connector and which may require welding would require costs and not easy availability.
- Turn off the phone and connect the microUSB end of the cable to it, press the stripped wires against each other and connect USB plug to the PC;
- Keep holding the wires for at least 5 seconds, then disconnect them from each other;
- After this, disconnect the wires from each other. Now the PC should detect the phone in EDL mode / USB PID 9008.